About this time last year, as we headed into the meat of the season and needed some good vibes to get us going, we asked members of the How To Hit Every Shot Facebook group what the best feelings in golf are. The responses came pouring in, and with a new golf season upon us, we thought we’d re-boot the question to our audience: What are some of your favorite feelings in golf?
Here’s what they came back with:
1. A purely-struck iron shot
Tin Cup said it best.
2. Holding a green with a fairway wood
Feels more dramatic, doesn’t it?
3. Going par-par-birdie
Oddly specific, but I like it. There’s something magical about a tour-level stretch of golf, even if it’s only a few holes.
4. Hitting a par 5 in two
Such a pro move, and an accomplishment that demands respect.
5. Striping a baby draw
6. Waking up early and grabbing the first tee time
There’s something special about a golf course when dew is still on the grass.
7. A long walk with a putter
8. Being outside in the fresh air
A simple pleasure that’s still somehow underrated.
9. A good drive when other people are watching
Try these tips and you’ll accomplish that feat in no time.
10. Knowing a putt is going in the hole before it drops
The only thing better than that? Walking it into the hole.
11. Hitting the green in regulation
One of the universal signs of a hole well-played.
12. A full release on the downswng
No holding back. Here are a few things that can help you understand your release.
View this post on Instagram
13. A beer with your buddies after your round
Regardless of how the round went, the 19th hole will always be waiting.
14. Taking an extra club and hitting the green because of it
15. When the divot goes flying after a pure iron shot
Another pro move.
16. A round with your kids
And knowing of all the great memories you’ll form together on the course.
17. Drilling a short putt into the hole
The key is to “listen” for the ball to drop.
18. Holing-out a bunker shot
19. Pulling into a mostly-empty parking lot
Because you know the first tee is probably clear!
20. Knocking in the putt after a great shot
It’s only a great shot if you make the putt…
21. A hole in one
We’ll all get one someday. Maybe…
By Luke Kerr-Dineen on Golf.com