Question: Do You Actually Play Better After a Few Drinks?
We Are Here to Test That Myth – Strap In & Get Ready to Laugh Your AZZ Off With Us…
We get asked all the time – “How much does alcohol REALLY affect a person’s golf game”? I myself have often wondered, do a few frosty beverages get you to perform better, or do the proverbial wheels fall straight off the wagon? Luckily, we have assembled a crack team of golf and beverage experts who politely volunteered to be our study group on this case. Purely In the name of science of course!
The Mission: To get drunk, I mean like rocking the dance floor at the wedding drunk, and find out firsthand, how much alcohol REALLY affects our game. Both in skills and in the ability to actually COMPLETE a round of golf without losing a playing partner (Watch the video below – it will all make sense #FINDNEIL).
Do they get better or do they get worse? Really only one way to find out. Let’s go get drunk and put this myth to bed once and for all! Follow us on a day of golf, fun, camaraderie, and a few beverages! On your mark…Get set… GO!
CHECK IT OUT BELOW 👇👇👇… AND BE PREPARED TO LITERALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD – LIGHTS – CAMERA – AND ACTION🎬!
Golf is a difficult enough game sober, but do you play better after a few drinks? For us average golfers, it is common to have a few drinks during a round. But could it possibly help you play better golf? For most of us, the answer is no. I believe alcohol will certainly not help you play better but it can have a calming effect. This could calm nerves that normally would be exposed when sober. But does that lead to lower scores…..
I asked our 47,000 Facebook fans and here is what a few of them said.
- Jon Michaels – The voices in my head tell me I do
- Chris Bourquin – Nope
- Jay Clark Define – “a few” lol
- David Hollis – Swing oil to start your day! How can that go wrong? Happy New Year!
- Bill Rockow – I seem to think so
- Steve Clauson – A beer or 2 on the back nine for my putting.
- Bill Standley – Water, gator aid, etc. no hard stuff!
- Gerald Smalley – No
- Paul Childers – Aiming fluid! Never fails unless you take in too much
- Byron Perry – Play way worse golf after a few drinks
- Mike Mccormick – YES…
- Jim Blane – Either that or my counting gets worse… happy new year!!!
- Chad Crochet – A few… Yes. But who can stop after a few
- Jim Fouts – FOR ME I WANT ALL MY SENSES, NOT DULLED BY BOOZE OR DRUGS. THAT’S A FOOLS GAME.
Answer: A Resounding “NO”! We Do NOT Play Better Hammered *
- If players knew when to say when and had a max of 1-2 per side they would loosen up and the scores actually reflected it. Our test golfers shot – on average – 2-3 strokes better after 2-4 total drinks during the round.
- HOWEVER – Once we hit that 5+ we noticed a significant drop in scores, golf etiquette, golfers get lost, and scorekeeping gets rather iffy at best. Oh yeah, that 5+ drinks became 8-12 pretty quickly and rather consistently!
Also, for the record, we still have not found Neil. His family is worried. He was last seen wandering around the woods looking for his coveted 1984 Balata – Please let us know – it gets cold out there at night…
What do you think? Comment below – Do you play better golf after knocking a few back…